750 grams chicken, cut into medium size pieces
3 tbs Vegetable oil
2 cups onion chopped
1 tbs freshly grated ginger
4-5 large cloves of garlic, grated
¾ cup (1 large) tomato chopped
1½ rounded tbs crushed Black pepper
2 rounded tbs coriander powder
½ tsp turmeric powder
¾ tsp Dry Kasury methy leaves
¾ tsp Garam masala powder
18 medium size Cashew nuts
1. Soak cashew in ½ cup of water for half an hour and grind it to smooth paste.
2. Heat a Kadhai/kadai or a sauce pan, add oil.
3. Add in chopped onions and salt and sauté until it starts turning golden brown in colour. Add in the grated ginger and garlic and sauté until the raw smell goes off. Add in the crushed pepper, coriander powder and turmeric powder and sauté for a minute or two.
4. Add in the chopped tomatoes and let it cook until the tomatoes go mushy.
5. Add in the chicken, stir well and let it cook on medium flame until it is almost cooked. Add ½ - ¾ cup water if it is dry.
6. Add in the grated cashews, methy leaves and let it boil for 2-4 minutes until the chicken is well cooked.
7. Sprinkle the garam masala, close the lid and turn off the flame.
8. Serve warm with naan, parotta, chappathi or poori.