Saturday, 24 May 2008
Friday, 23 May 2008
Note: I did not use measuring spoon for this recipe and it tasted different when I made it using measuring spoon. Please bear with me until I get the standard measurements sorted.
For the base
Plain flour – 200 grams or 2 cups
Sugar – 1 tbs
Salt – as required
Yeast – 1 tsp
Butter/oil – 4 tbs
Luke warm milk – half cup
Water – as required
For the topping
Tomato puree – 4 tbs
Soya sauce – 2 tbs
Brown sugar – almost 2 tbs
Salt- as required
Oregano – ½ + ½ tsp
Olive oil – 2 tbs
Paprika powder/chilli powder– ½ tsp
Sausages – 1 cup (thinly sliced and sautéed in oil)
Mushrooms – ½ cup (thinly sliced and sautéed in oil)
Boneless Chicken – 1 cup (Cut into small pieces, stir fried by adding salt and pepper) or 1chicken fillet
Corn – as required.
Capsicum – 1
Black olives – ½ cup (sliced thinly)
Cheddar cheese – 200 gms (May use less)
Mozzarella – 200 gms (May use less)
For the base of pizza:
Mix sugar and yeast in lukewarm water and allow to bubble. This indicates the activation of yeast. This may take few minutes. If small bubbles doesnt occur,it shows that the yeast is not activated and you will not get a good dough. So make sure the yeast is good before making. Also take care not to use boiling or hot water because the yeast will not be activated too and again, the dough will not rise.
In another bowl mix salt with flour and add butter. Mix well until the dough looks like bread crumbs. Then slowly add the milk and knead the dough until it reaches the consistency of chapatti dough. Add water if required. Cover the dough with a wet towel in order to avoid drying out and leave in a warm place to rise to almost double the size. The dough should be soft and springy to touch at this stage.
For the topping and assembling of pizza:
1. Heat a sauce pan and add olive oil. Add tomato puree, soya sauce, half teaspoon oregano, brown sugar, salt and paprika powder/chilli powder and cook for few minutes on medium heat (around 4-5 mins).
2. Now, for assembling, divide the dough into two equal size balls. this is to make two 9" pizzas. Take one part of dough; roll it into less than half centimetre thickness. Spread half of tomato sauce very thinly on the dough making sure you leave 1 cms around the edge.
5. Repeat the same process with the other half of the dough. You can create your own topping with ingredients of your choice!
Thursday, 8 May 2008
Plain flour – 200 grams
Sugar – 3 tablespoon
Butter - 100 grams
Egg – 1 small
Cream – 1 tablespoon
For the filling:
Orange juice – 200 mls
Sugar – 150 grams
Butter – 50 grams
Egg yolks – 2
1 lemon’s rind
Cream – 100 mls
Cornflour – 4 tablespoon
Water – 50 mls+ 4 tablespoon
Gelatine Powder – 2 teaspoon
1. First prepare the base. For that, In a large bowl mix butter and flour and mix well with hands until it looks like bread crumbs. You can use the egg whisker for this. At this stage, add cream, sugar and egg and knead well to make into a dough as seen in picture 1. Refrigerate for an hour or two.
The tart dough
2. Dust the rolling surface with flour and roll out the dough evenly into a thickness of half a centimetre. With the help of the rolling pin, slowly lift the dough and transfer it to the baking flan. Prick all over the pastry inorder to prevent bubbling during baking. Bake it in a preheated oven at 180 degrees, for about 20-25 minutes or until it turns golden brown.
3. Meanwhile, for the filling,heat orange juice,sugar and butter until all the sugar dissolves. At this stage mix cornflour with water and add it to the juice mixture. Consequently add egg yolks and mix well. Add 4 tablespoon of hot water to gelatine and mix well. Then add this gelatine mixture, cream and lemon zest to the juice and heat for some more time until all the gelatine mix well.
4. Transfer this mixture on top of the base and chill overnight. Serve cold.
Stir fry vegetables – 2 cups
Chicken breast – 2
Soya sauce- 4 table spoon
Thai red chilli sauce- 4 table spoon
Sesame oil/vegetable oil – 2 tablespoon
Onion, sliced thinly – 3 tablespoon
Garlic, sliced thinly – 4 large cloves
Button mushrooms, sliced – 5-6
Noodles – 2* 150 grams.
Salt – as required
2. Add noodles in boiling water and cook according to the packet instructions.
3. Heat a wok and add 2 tbs of vegetable oil and stir fry chicken for around 5 minutes in medium-high heat stirring constantly.
N.B: Alternatively,for vegetarians, forget the chicken and add the sauces while sautéing the vegetables. It is equally good. Instead of chicken, you also can make an omelette out of one or 2 eggs and strip them thinly and add to the sautéed vegetables. To make an omelette, just break two eggs, add enough salt and pepper and fry it in oil. Then cut into thin strips. You can also use prawns instead of chicken.
Vegetables, I use frozen ones normally.