1 medium onion, 1 medium potato,1 medium carrot
2 chicken fillets cut into strips
6-8 Spring onion
1 tsp - Mustard paste
150 mls Cream
1 cup Chicken stock
1 tsp + ½ tsp - Black pepper
Salt as required
2 cup Plain flour + 1 tbs
1 tbs Baking powder
2 tbs + 5 tbs Butter (cold)
1 cup grated cheddar cheese
To make sauce:
1. Cut carrot and potatoes into small cubes. In 2 tbs of butter, sauté carrot and potato until they are almost cooked .Take them out and keep them aside.
2. In the same pan, add thinly chopped onion and sauté until pink. (Add a dash of oil if needed.) At this stage, add chicken strips and sauté until half done. Add leeks chopped thickly to the chicken and cook until the chicken is golden brown in color. Add one tbs of plain flour and sauté for a minute. Add the sauted carrots and potatoes back to the pan containing chicken.Now add 1 cup of chicken stock and mustard paste and cook for some more time. Add cream and spring onion and cook for 2 more minutes. Add 1 tsp pepper and salt to season. Mix well.
To make cobbler:
1. Sieve flour. Add salt and baking powder to it and mix well until well combined.
2. To this add 4 tbs of butter and mix well until they look like breadcrumbs. Add cheese and pepper and mix well again. Add enough water to make dough that’s quite soft (as that of chapatti dough). You should be able to roll it out and cut shapes out of it.
3. Take half of the dough and roll it into a thickness of about 1.5 cm and cut out several round shapes out of it
4. Take a baking dish and pour the chicken sauce. Level it using the spoon. Now arrange the round shaped cut dough in a way that each circle overlaps the next one. Continue repeating the process until the whole sauce is covered with the cobbler.See the picture below..