Monday, 15 September 2008
The very best combination of Appam is stew of any kind. May it be vegetable or meat. Here is the recipe of meat stew.
½ kg Mutton/chicken/beef
2 1/2 cups Onions - Finely chopped
2 -4 Green chillies cut slit open length-wise
2 tsp / 4 large cloves-Garlic grated
2 tsp Freshly grated Ginger
1 cup - Thick coconut milk
1 cup - Thin coconut milk
2 medium Tomatoes
8-10 cashew nuts
2 small pieces Cinnamon sticks
Coriander leaves - 1/4 cup
Oil - 2-3 tbs
1. Soak cashewnuts in water for about half an hour.
2. Heat oil in a pan and add cinnamon sticks, cloves, and cardamoms.When the aroma of the spices starts coming off, Add onions and green chillies and stir till onion turns pink.
3. Add ginger and garlic and stir until the raw smell goes and onion starts to turn golden brown.
4. Add the meat pieces and tomatoes and stir further until tomatoes are cooked and soft.
5. Add the thin coconut milk and salt. Cover and cook until the meat is tender.If it's mutton, pressure cooking will be easier so that the meat gets cooked quickly.
6. Grind cashews well along with thick milk.
7. When the meat is cooked and water is almost dried up, add the thick milk of coconut with cashew and just boil for a minute. Dont boil for long time because the coconut milk will get curdled.
8.Add garam masala and stir well and close lid to infuse the flavor in.
serve hot with Appam.