Pineapple can -1 small can
4 large Eggs
1 1/4 cup (appx 350 mls) Milk
1 1/2 table spoon Gelatin powder
8-10 tablespoons+ 2 tablespoons Sugar
1 teaspoon Cornflour
3/4 cup (appx 200 mls) Pineapple juice (from the can)
1 tablespoon grated Orange rind
1. Drain the pineapple juice from the can .Mix gelatin into it and keep aside.
2. Mix cornflour in the milk and keep aside too.
3.Crush pineapple in to very small pieces keep it aside again.Dont grind it-it will be watery.You need to have the pineapple titbits in there.
4. Separete yolks from whites.Beat the egg yolk along with 10 tablespoons of sugar until light and creamy.(You can add or reduce sugar according to your taste.This is upto my taste buds).It will be light yellow in color.Add milk+cornflour to this.
5. Transfer this mixture to a saucepan and heat this mixture in low flame by stirring constantly. When the mixture starts to thicken,add gelatin+juice into this. When gelatin is completely melted,stir for a minute or two more and switch of the flame.
6. Add the pineapple titbits and orange rind to this and mix well.Keep aside to cool.
7. Beat the egg whites until the peaks form. Add the 2 tablespoon sugar and beat again until stiff. Fold this to the cooled and half-set pudding.
8. Transfer to a pudding dish and chill for a couple of hours or over night and serve cold.
Garnish with fruits and Orange peel.
Notes. Make sure you remove the white pith under the orange skin, since it is very bitter.