Here is another mango pudding that I made quite a while ago from Priya’s blog. It was so simple to assemble and the outcome was equally good. The given measurement makes a huge batch of pudding and it will serve quite a lot of people. So this would be one easy peasy recipe for parties especially if you need to prepare some dessert in a hurry. The cheese in the pudding gave the dessert a slight tang which made me think that, this would be the best filling if we need to convert this pudding to a mango cheese cake. I am not sure on that since I haven’t tried, but I guess it would work fine because the pudding really sets well. It made an enormous quantity and if planning to prepare this as a filling for cheesecake, we should get a good sized two 9 inch size cheese cake because it really made a lot of pudding. We also served with pralines which gave it a nice sweet crunch. We felt the pudding was a bit plain without pralines. You can find the recipe for pralines in my Nutty pineapple pudding recipe.
200g Philadelphia cream cheese
750 ml (3 ¼ cups) mango puree
250 ml (1 cup) liquid double cream/Whipping cream
250ml (1 cup) milk
1 cup sugar
3 Tbsp Powdered gelatine
1. Sprinkle gelatine over milk and mix well. Heat it in a double boiler until all the gelatine granules melt.Dont boil the gelatine for long. Pass the gelatine and milk mixture through a strainer to remove any possible lumps. Set aside to cool. This can also be done in mmicrowave.
2. In a large bowl, whip cream to stiff peaks.
3. Add in cheese, mango puree, sugar and mix well until well combined. You can Pour it in blender and give it a whizz, or use an egg beater.
4. Add the cooled (make sure it is not hot and not cold, because gelatine sets as it starts to get cold) gelatine-milk mixture to this and mix well until well combined.
5. Pour in a large dish that can hold almost 2 litres of liquid and chill in the refrigerator for about 4 hours or until set. Serve cold. This can also be served in individual serving dishes if making for large parties.
If canned Mango puree is unavailable, you can peel and puree fresh mangoes and take the required amount of puree as mentioned in the recipe. The puree in the can was really sweet and the given amount of sugar was just perfect. If using freshly pureed mangoes, make sure they are sweet enough, else increase the sugar as needed.