Crispy fried cauliflower is an amazingly crispy and tasty snack that can be served as a side dish or even as a snack. I make this usually as a side dish when I prepare dal or some other vegetable curries. Enjoy.
200g cauliflower, cut into small florets
1/2 tsp pepper powder
1 medium egg
3 tbs cornflour
1 tsp plain flour
Bread crumbs as required
salt as reqd
1 1/2 litre water
oil to deep fry
Preparation:1. Wash the cauliflower and keep them aside.
2. Add salt to water in a large pot and bring it to boil. Add cauliflower into it. Boil for 3-4 minutes. It doesnt have to get cooked.
3. Drain them and wipe off any excess water.
4. Make a paste by whisking together an egg, both the flour, pepper powder and a pinch of salt.
5. Dip the half cooked cauliflower into this and then roll it in breadcrumbs. Keep them aside.
6. Heat a deep pan/kadai to medium and add oil. when the oil becomes hot enough add the breadcrumbs coated florets to this little by little and deep fry until golden brown.
7. Another yummy side dish to go with any mail meal or can be eaten just as a snack.