I have had this recipe in my archives for very long time and just recently tried it out. The recipe is very simple, and delicious. You just need very few vegetables, or you cam make with out any vegetables at all since garlic and chillies are used for main flavour. Since I love garlicky flavour, I love this rice. Here goes the recipe.
1 ½ cups basmati rice
6 large cloves of garlic
2-3 dried red chilli (seed them if you like it less spicy)
1 tbs Soya sauce
¼ cup frozen green peas (optional)
¼ piece capsicum diced (Optional)
½ medium onion chopped (½ cup)
3 tbs vegetable oil
1tsp sesame oil
A knob of butter
1. Wash rice and cook it in plenty of salted water by keeping the lid OPEN ,until the rice is just soft. Drain and run cold water over the rice to cool the rice completely. Keep the rice in a colander to drain off the excess water.
2. Grind/grate garlic in a grinder and keep it aside.
3. Heat a large saucepan, add the vegetable oil and sesame oil. Add the chopped onions and the garlic chilli paste to this and sauté until onion becomes translucent.
4. Add soya sauce and sauté for few seconds.
5. Add peas and capsicum (if using) and sauté just until the capsicum goes soft.
6. Add rice and mix well and adjust salt. When it is heated through completely add a knob of butter and close the lid. Serve hot with any chinese curry.